Thursday, September 23, 2004

Odd Things I've Never Done, or Probably Never Will Do

Ignore this, it's purely a memory device for myself:
(cu)SDJATSppSHJFJMJPLBBMsbsftt(jl)tmMPJMJAbrCJ
I was thinking the other day about things I've never experienced, many of which I figured I would, some of which I probably never will. For instance: I've never had sex in the back seat of a car. I've never spent any real time in the US. I've never deflowered a virgin (and at 32 and climbing, I'm not likely to). I don't think I've ever skinny-dipped, though I have played strip card games (was skat, not poker). I've never been on a "real vacation" anywhere, in spite of travelling (it was always work or cadets). I've never seen or read Casablanca, Citizen Kane, or Gone with the Wind (and a dozen other classic movies and books).

Some things I've always wanted to do but probably never will: I'd love to travel to eastern Asia (China, Japan). I'd like to learn to play guitar (finger-picking, specifically), for the sake of playing only a few particular songs (St Agnes and the Burning Train, The Man's Too Strong, Fragile, Iron Hand... maybe a couple of others I can't think of right now). I'd like to travel to a few of the major US cities, even though I'd no doubt scare the shit out of me (I'm afraid of Americans =p). I'd like to write a book that gets published. I'd like to learn to ballroom dance. I'd like to compose a love song (on the guitar, after I learned to play it). I'd like to be some form of therapist and/or educator for some type of real-life issues. I'd like to dance and feel comfortable doing so.

That's the great thing about life, I guess: you can experience so much, and yet there's so much remaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home