Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Pause

Well it finally happened. I knew some day it would, but I'd always wondered how long it would take. How many years would it before I actually woke up on March the 2nd and completely forgot what day it was? How much time needed to pass. 13 years it would seem.

That's an eternity.

Obviously, it's still March 2nd, so I'd not completely forgotten. And it had been on my mind leading up to today. I overslept, as a result of being awake into the wee hours of the morning. Couldn't sleep. Haven't slept well lately at all. I'm not quite sure why, though I think it's a combination of factors.

The weather today is miserable. It's warm, but rainy.

This time last year I never imagined I'd be typing this from the old house on Freshwater Road.

I'm supposed to be reflecting. I'm supposed to be summing up my last year. I'm supposed to be coming to some sort of revelation about the meaning of it all. And yet, I sit here and pause... on pause. My life is on pause.

No earthshattering, mindboggling, grand flash of insight. Just a dreary, rainy day.

2 Comments:

Blogger stroppywenchnikki said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:34 AM  
Blogger stroppywenchnikki said...

stroppywenchnikki said...
I checked your site no less then 20 times on the second to see if your had posted...the second you did, I had an email drafted and ready to send.

Nothing.

*smooches*

And thats a good thing babes. She would have expected you to get on with your life. You think of her more then enough on other occasions...happier days...far more fitting to her memory.
love you

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home