Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Phoenix

I'm moving back into Dad's. While I expect I shall have to develop a thicker skin with regard to some of his rantings and ravings, I expect that after some adjustment we'll be able to live together ok. I also expect that after I've done a little with the place, I'll feel more "at home" than I have here at Dave's the past 2 years. While I'll still be living under someone else's roof, it's the house I grew up in, and it's much more "home" to me than anywhere else has been. I'm hoping to find within those walls a little more "sanctuary" than I have the past number of years in the various apartments, etc, and that with a little work, I can get myself on the right path to better transform my life into what I'd like it to be. I look forward to the opportunity to cook, aplenty, and for someone whose tastes are fairly easy to please, at that. And I look forward to an opportunity to get myself into a different headspace and escape this mental corner I've painted myself into. I hope to also get myself into better shape, physically, but making myself some workout space in the basement, and trying to start myself on a regiment of exercise.

Obviously, yes, there is a certain amount of apprehension about it all, but I think I understand what I'm in for. I know I have to burn first, before I can be reborn.

1 Comments:

Blogger Davonshire said...

You've done plenty of burning in the past few years, the rebirth is well and goodly due =)

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home